Unity recognizes that there are many expressions of family life. All are welcome. Unity creates an affirming environment that fosters positive self-image, personal responsibility and unconditional love and acceptance.
Following are some DOs and to help in building the unity of society.
- Whenever we discuss a disputed matter we must be civilized, open minded and kind to other society.
- Whenever we discuss a disputed matter we should acquire in-depth knowledge of both side's point of view.
- We should be positive and respectful towards other society regardless of difference in opinions.
- We must be preaching and spreading Islam not our own sectarian beliefs.
- Muslims must love, respect and follow Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) did.
- Muslims must adopt all those ways which increase the love of Allah, His Prophet (peace be upon him) and His book, Qur'an.
- we must focus on education, technology and science, moral and spiritual vales, economical and political stability in Muslim countries.
WHY IS UNITY IMPORTANT IN MALAYSIA
It is important because you are united with each other. If a ship is going to sink, unity is the best thing to do, save the people who you are united with.
“We like to say that our youth are the future of this country, but then we proceed to ignore or marginalise them. We want our future generations to be able to think and act wisely, but then we do not give them sufficient opportunities to do so. …In my view, this is not a good way to prepare those who will take our place. If the young are to be good leaders and citizens, they must be exposed to more than just abstract concepts. Even those nation states which have failed miserably have had great political ideals.”
In a strong message of hope and leadership and recognising the problems of unity in Malaysia
One love is refering to the unification of all people. It's the universal love and respect for not only people, but all things on earth, regardless of creed, color, or what you might have been taught to think about it. This phrase has been developed to let everyone know that at the end of the day we all live on this earth together, so why not live together in peace. One love.